While schools are great for learning that include education and discipline, but when it comes to life lessons, they often end up getting a short stick. With that in mind, here are fifteen life lessons that school hasn’t taught you:
1. Be yourself, because you can’t pretend forever.
2. Interaction with the opposite sex is OK!
3. Friends don’t last a lifetime. Understand the difference between friends and peers.
4. Theoretical knowledge is not everything.
5. Marks have no effect on your future.
6. It’s OK to break the rules.
7. Life is not a rat race and even if it is, you don’t need to run.
8. Being different is actually a good thing.
9. Engineering and Medicine is not the end of the world. You can really be whoever you want to be.
10. Appearance does not define confidence.
11. You might have been popular or nobody in your school, but time changes.
12. Failures are the best lessons as long as you learn from them.
13. Being street smart because that’s where real life is played out.
14. Negotiating and convincing skills are a must, because life as you know, may depend on it.
15. Stress management, without which you might literally collapse.