Is your car insurance renewal coming up? Here are 6 ways to curb the cost of your car insurance.
- Get at least 3 quotes to compare: Don’t make the mistake of renewing your car insurance policy automatically with your existing provider before checking what other insurance companies have to offer. Think it’s a hassle? Think again. Use ServiceMarket to compare quotes from multiple different providers and purchase your insurance online. Use the Promo Code “SERVICEMARKET5” to get a 5% discount on your insurance!
- Keep a clean driving record: If you’ve had zero claims on your car insurance in the last few years, then you can get a discount on your premium by asking for a No Claims Discount. A No Claims Certificate is a letter issued by your current insurance provider showing the number of years for which no claims were filed against your policy. Ask your current provider for one when you shop around with other insurance providers, and mention it in your negotiations with other providers.
- Reduce repair costs: With your policy, you have the option to choose between “Agency Repairs” or “Garage Repairs” if your car is ever damaged in an accident. Opting for Garage Repairs is a significantly less expensive option. Don’t fret, insurance providers typically work with well-regarded, established garages all over the UAE, so their quality of service is guaranteed.
- Opt out of add-ons: GCC coverage and Off Road Coverage are extra add-ons that you can choose to opt out of to reduce your costs, especially if you don’t partake in those activities.
- Accurate estimation of car value: People have the tendency to overestimate the value of their car. Since the price of your insurance is a percentage of the car value it means your insurance will be more expensive. We recommend picking a lower but accurate value since this will allow you to save money while still being covered for most claims.
- Increase insurance excess: Insurance providers will often agree to lower your premium if you choose to increase your contribution towards claims.
At the end of the day, choosing the right car insurance policy can be overwhelming. Try to balance between your budget constraints, and what type of coverage makes you feel secure and safe while driving. Spending a few dirhams more, and buying your piece of mind is always advisable.
If you are ready to buy, ServiceMarket has simplified the whole process for you. Just input your car and driver details and within seconds you will get an overview of the best car insurance deals in Dubai. You will even get a 5% discount if you use the Promo Code “SERVICEMARKET5”. Happy Savings!