Tips To Register a Car In Dubai
If you are planning to settle down in the UAE especially Dubai, then you have a lot do in order to have a legitimate stay in the country. It is important to know that while living in Dubai, getting a car is a necessity especially if you are a business man or woman. `However, car owners would be allowed to drive on the roads only if they have their cars been registered by the local authorities. Having your car registered would not only grant you the legality to drive freely on Dubai roads, would also grant you the legitimate right for benefiting from insurance companies.
Car registration is compulsory for all car owners just like getting a driver’s license. Without registering your vehicle, you would not be allowed to drive on the road. Car registration is valid for one year, and you are expected to renew it before its expiration date. Moreover, if the car is new, the dealers would be the ones to make the first registration and subsequent registration would be on the shoulders of the car owner.
In Dubai, there are many insurance companies that grant car registrations for their correspondent insurance policy holders. However you can also have your car registered through the Road and Transport Authority. (RTA). It is important to know that, you should have a valid driver’s license for you to be able to register your car in Dubai. It is advisable for you to make provisions for all necessary documents needed to have your vehicle registered.
Help: index.php?option=com_zoo&task=category&category_id=29&Itemid=914if you need to rent a car you can check our directory too
Procedures for car registration in Dubai
The following are procedures for registering all vehicles in Dubai
- Submit application form together with all relevant documents to vehicle Licensing Department for approval.
- After submitting the above documents, you are to wait for approval and collect your registration and car plates.
Requirements for registering a car in Dubai
Requirements would be demanded from both Agencies and showrooms owners. They are:
- Application form for vehicle licensing
- Valid visa
- Valid driving license
- Original ID card or passport
- Original certificate of ownership, transfer, or customs
- Original insurance certificate
- Original vehicle testing documents if the car is old model
- If the vehicle is mortgaged, provide Original letter from the mortgagee and the bank.
- Original invoice of vehicle purchasing consisting of vehicle authentication from the agency
- Transfer of vehicle plates (optional)
- Provide sales of contract document
- Provide certificate of ownership, or transfer
- Provide a copy of license of trade
- Provide a copy of authorized signatory from the showroom owner
Cost for registering a car in Dubai
Registration cost for registering a car in Dubai varies based on the type of registration and number plates you want.
- Registration and short plates – cost AED 275
- Registration and long plates – cost AED 265
- Registration and both, long and short, plates – cost AED 305