What alternative do you have other than PayPal when it comes to online payments? It’s because PayPal rules the online payment world.
In this article we somewhat tried to address this issue. We’ve come up with 9 alternatives to PayPal.
The mentioned alternatives are mainly for bloggers and web entrepreneurs living in India.
Problems With PayPal
Before we tell you bonuses of other online payment companies you must know certain problems with PayPal.
PayPal has got some serious limitations for Indian users as well as users from many other countries.
If you are living in India then you can’t use PayPal services the same as users use in other countries like USA, Canada, UK etc because of differences between RBI and PayPal.
An Indian PayPal user CANNOT send or receive money from another Indian PayPal account.
Moreover fees are also very high depending upon the payment methods.
Sometime PayPal can hold your payment and puts it under a review without any solid reason. And this happens even users from countries like USA & UK.
So these were few problems with PayPal.
Bonuses of Alternative Online Payment Companies
As you know different services have different features. And it is quite obvious you are not going to like all the features of a given online payment company.
You may like a company for a certain feature and like another company for some other feature.
For example if you are a small blogger and want to sell eBooks & receive online payments. Then you can choose a company who has got a lower transactional fee for online transaction as its main feature.
However there is another company that has got really low transaction for credit/debit cards. So if most of your customers pay by credit/debit card then you will prefer that company.
So you choose a company for one particular transaction method that your business involves.
9 PayPal Alternatives
Here is the list of 9 alternatives with unique features in them.
Payoneer is the most popular alternative for PayPal. If you are a blogger or affiliate marketer then you can quickly switch to Payoneer for many reasons.
Let us see a comparison between these two services.
Global Outreach: Most of the online transaction services like PayPal are designed for people living in US however Payoneer is really great for bloggers and affiliate marketers living outside US like here in India.
Lower Transaction Fees: Every transaction that is made for $100 in India using Payoneer you can save up to $3. It means for the same amount PayPal would charge $5 plus extra charges but Payoneer will deduct only $2 hence you saved $3 for every transaction.
Ease of Transaction: In PayPal you have to initiate your account before you make any transaction but Payoneer does not need any initiation.
Payoneer takes only 24 hours to transfer the money on the other hand PayPal can take 3 to 5 business days.
Higher Daily Withdrawal Limit: With Payoneer you can withdraw up to Rs 500,000/- in cash daily however PayPal has set very lower limit on daily withdrawals.
$25 Bonus: Once you have done your first $100 transaction with Payoneer then you will get a bonus of $25. The sign up is free.
I have mentioned Payoneer vs PayPal here in a great details because most of the bloggers in India are using Payoneer instead of PayPal.
Payoneer would be enough for all of your transactional needs but you can take a look at other options too.
The second best alternative to PayPal would be Skrill. Here are some features
- You can easily send and receive money using an email ID of another Skrill user.
- Up to 40 currency supported.
- It allows money withdrawal using your credit or debit card and bank account. You can also withdraw money into your bank account instantly.
- Skrill offers Prepaid MasterCard and you can do transaction from your iPhone or an Android based App.
- The transaction fee for any transaction is flat 1%.
Payza is another alternative where you will get almost all the features of PayPal. You can find below listed features in Payza with following features.
- You can add money to your Payza account via bank transfer and credit/debit card. You can send money to other users and also request money through invoices.
- It offers prepaid MasterCard so you can withdraw money at ATMs.
- It also accepts withdrawal using Bitcoin.
- Commission is low compared to PayPal. It is 2.5%+$.25 for each transaction.
- Payza is really great for businesses because of great security features.
- Local bank transfer is available for Indian users to withdraw their payment.
Although 2CheckOut is also one of the good PayPal alternative but has some limitations as well. Here are some of the features of 2Checkout-
- It supports 211 countries, 87 currencies & 8 payment types.
- You can receive your funds via EFT, wire transfer or Payoneer in the currency of your choice.
- One of the serious limitations of this service is no transfer of money within individuals.
- The transactional rate is also high for users living outside US at 3.9%+$0.45 for each transaction as compared to 2.9%+$0.30 for users in US. But you can get good discounts in fee if your monthly transaction is above $50000.
So 2CheckOut could be a partial alternative and good for merchants because of effective transaction process.
TransferWise is another PayPal alternative available for bloggers and internet marketers. Some of the features include-
- One of the best features of TransferWise is its low transactional fees and the best currency conversion rates.
- For your first transaction worth Euro 500 there is no fee.
- The service is really great for small bloggers like you and me.
Remitly has got some solid features to offer. Here are they
- One of the great features is zero transaction fees if the amount transferred is above $1000.
- The transaction rate is flat at $3.99 if the amount is below $1000. One can pay by bank, credit card or debit card.
- Economy transfer takes 3-5 days & express transfer with in hours.
So these were services available for India & all over the world. Following are available to users in US only.
The most popular PayPal alternative in US is Google Wallet.
- Store Credit/Debit Cards etc use it for sending and receiving money
- Single Card instead of different debit and credit card
- Free but charge for transfer using credit/debit card to Google Wallet Account.
Stripe is another PayPal alternative for users in US and European countries.
- It accepts payment methods like Visa, MasterCard, American Express etc
- For each transaction they charge you 2.9% + $.30 Commission
- It is available only in 19 Countries Not India
The last in the list is Dwolla.
- You can send Money to email addresses, LinkedIn Connections, Twitter followers, phone numbers using Dwolla
- Transaction fees are really low at only $.25 per transaction
- Only in US
So these were some of the real alternative to PayPal for Indian as well as users living in US.
Each of 9 alternatives has got something unique in them.