New unified federal fee structure for vehicle services came into force on December 1
Sourse : Gulf News
Vehicles being checked at a testing centre before the renewal of registration. Light vehicle owners will now have to pay Dh400 for first time registration and Dh350 for renewal.
Abu Dhabi: A new unified federal fee structure for vehicle registration and testing as well as driver licensing has come into effect nationwide, according to a decree published in the official gazette.
Issued by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the federal decree pertaining to the new vehicle licensing fees came into effect on December 1.
Shaikh Mohammad issued the Ministerial Decision No. 30 for 2017 on October 4 to regulate traffic services and safety, which was published in the latest edition of the official federal gazette.
The implementation of the decision means all fees related to vehicle registration and testing as well as driver licences have been revised.
According to the revised fee structure, light vehicle owners will now have to pay Dh400 for first time registration, Dh350 for renewal which was Dh250 in Dubai earlier. Change of ownership will cost Dh350 and re-registration will cost Dh400.
Similar charges are levied on registration of public transport as well. Similarly, light vehicle testing fee that was Dh120 in Dubai is now Dh150.
The revised structure also includes an increase in the fees for opening a traffic file for driving licence, which will now cost Dh200.
While the issuance of driving licence for one year, renewal or reissuance of lost and damaged driving licence will cost Dh100, the issuance of driving licence for more than one year will cost Dh300.
Transferring other country’s driving licence to the UAE, wherever applicable, will cost Dh600.
In the resolution published in the Official Gazette, Article 2 stipulates that the Ministry of Interior will coordinate with licensing authorities to render, develop and improve services and update systems used in this area, in accordance with Federal Law No. 21 of 1995.
The revised fees will be charged in addition to service charges and other related fees taken by authorities concerned in different emirates.
This service is provided by Roads and Transport Authority
“This service enables the customer to apply for a vehicle registration card in replacement of a lost/damaged one. Corporate and individual customers, Emiratis or expatriates are entitled to apply for this service. This service is provided by Vehicle Licensing Department, Licensing Agency.”
1. Approved formal letter from the company attached with a copy of the company trade license in case of applying through one of RTA service centers
2. Hand over the original vehicle registration card(in case of replacement of damaged)
3. Valid personal ID in case you apply in the service center (Passport, Emirates ID)
|Service Terms and Conditions
1. All information provided by a customer must be true and correct. Any untruthful or fraudulent information may be prosecutable under the governing laws of the UAE
2. In case of courier delivery the courier will make three attempts to deliver the product/service. If they couldn’t reach you, you will need to pick up the product/service at RTA’s offices
3. Legal actions will be taken for any misuse of a credit card
4. Registration card must not be expired
5. The fees amount will not be refunded after payment confirmation
1. Service fees: 40.0 AED
|This service is provided by
Customer Care Email: email@example.com
Customer Care Phone: 971 4 2844444
Customer Care Fax: 04 2065555
Customer Care Working Hours: 7:30 – 14:30 pm