If you add wrong pattern for more than 20 times then your phone get locked. Now you can’t try new pattern or use any other feature of mobile phone. Even you can’t make any call.In this case your phone is totally locked.
First Solution for Too Many Pattern Attempts
First solution is to use Google account associated with mobile.You need to log in into your Google account and then you can disable or change the pattern lock. Internet (mobile data) on your mobile should be working otherwise you need access to WiFi to do that. If your mobile is not connecting with internet then you have to go for second solution.
Second Solution if you can’t access your Google Account
1. Press and hold the correct keys to boot the device into recovery mode. This will vary from device to device. Here are some examples:
- Nexus 7: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Volume Up + Home + Power
- Motorola Droid X: Home + Power
- Devices With Camera Buttons: Volume Up + Camera
Similar devices will likely use similar key combinations. For example, the Nexus 4 also uses Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
If your device isn’t on this list and none of the above methods work, do a Google search for the name of your device and “recovery mode” – or look in the device’s manual or support pages.
Release the buttons when the device powered on. You’ll see an image of an Android lying on its back with its chest open and its internals revealed.
2. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll through the options until you see Recovery mode on the screen.
3. Press the Power button to restart into recovery mode. You’ll soon see an Android with a red triangle.
4. Hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up. You’ll see the Android system recovery menu appear at the top of your screen.
5. Select wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it.Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap Power. Your device will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased.
6. If your device freezes at any point, hold down the Power button until it restarts.